Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Doing what makes me happy


I must admit that the last few days have been challenging for me. More mentally than physically. Most people don't like not knowing what they're supposed to do and I'm certainly not an exception. It's not so much that work is too hard, or I'm struggling with where am I in life, it's just more generally I feel like I'm not going anywhere.

Sound familiar?

Then I sit down and realise that I'm always going somewhere. I'm always learning and even though most of the time I have no idea where the path goes, as long as I put one foot in front of the other, then I'll get somewhere. I've tried setting large goals and have found that it's only ever been somewhat helpful.

Maybe it's time to figure out what makes me happy.

Sweaty exercise makes me happy. Stretching makes me happy too and right now I'm enjoying/needing to free up my hips (this and this have been wonderful). Being restricted to vegan food (even if it's only for a few meals) doesn't make me happy, but eating lots of produce does. Tea makes me happy, so does coffee. Learning new things and breaking down problems also makes me happy. As does vegging out in-front of the TV and playing games.

So conclusion: plenty of things make me happy and for now, living a happy, healthy, loving life is enough. I'll find a big goal to chase one day, but not today, and that's perfectly alright. 
Sophie Life Explorer

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh. All with plenty of hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment