Thursday, October 16, 2014

Slowing down


After being all ready to go on Monday, things have taken a bit of a downturn. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but workload has suddenly decreased for the next few weeks and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my time.

For the last few days, the miserable weather has meant I've been mostly confined indoors and so, perhaps understandably, I've been a restless and slightly disoriented.

This is when I'm grateful I've been working on building good habits: I'm still moving to some degree each day (weights circuit Monday & Wednesday, a short jog on the treadmill Tuesday, and stretching/yoga each day), eating plenty of produce, and learning what I can with Portuguese and Corporate Finance courses.

Speaking of produce, I had my first run at cooking with okra.


It's furry, slimy and a touch gloopy. Cooked down though, I must say it's pretty delicious, adding an extra element of flavour and texture to the West African beef curry I was creating. Maybe it's time to try a few more dishes with this interesting and new-to-me ingredient.

The last two days of the week ahead. They've just installed a new boxing bag in the gym downstairs so I'll probably play with that for my workout today. I'll find a yoga flow to ground myself and finally get my hair cut again tonight (it's been well over 3 months since I last tended to it). 

Sophie Life Explorer

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh. All with plenty of hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment