Friday, October 17, 2014

Learning new things


Relaxing on the couch with M, watching Band of Brothers (for the first time) with a glass of wine marvelling at how green and young these actors were before they become famous: James McAvoy, Andrew Scott, Michael Fassbender, Simon Pegg and a bunch of others.

A very good end to a challenging week. Somehow I've ended up learning JavaScript: guess I might as well some new skills in the 'downtime' that I have. The basics seem easy, but it definitely gets difficult, fast.

I took the time out to walk and learn, enjoying the briefly beautiful autumn weather while doing some Rosetta Stone Portuguese lessons. I'm still not sure how much I'm learning from them, but hopefully they'll help me get less lost next time I'm actually in Brazil or Portugal.



On the nutrition front things have been decent. I've had plenty of produce for most meals, and breakfast and lunch have been about 95% vegan (which is a decent success rate in my eyes). There's been movement each day (boxing rounds on the bag, a strength circuit and definitely yoga).

I can't say I haven't been frustrated with how things are, especially regarding work, but that's all part of life I guess. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've found that I develop most when I'm challenged.

That doesn't mean I don't take the time to make some things easier for myself. New yoga mats are a start (motivation is always higher when there's new stuff to try out).

Oh and taking a decent picture with a light, swish-y hair courtesy of a new haircut doesn't hurt.


I couldn't resist.


Sophie Life Explorer

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh. All with plenty of hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment